Thursday, November 18, 2010

Head Render

This is my last project in the Character Look Development course at SCAD. I decided to only do the entire head from the neck up so that I can spend a lot more time getting the textures just right for her. I used a SSS shader on her skin and painted a color map in order to get the desired "Final Fantasy"-like skin. I then put it into a world that she would naturally be found in and lit it up the best I could to match the image. The finished look has blown out hair that looks like a rough wire brush. I ended up adjusting the file and came up with something softer. I found that the two lights that are in the scene magnifies the wire look in the hair. I will be re-working the hair over the next month, along with texturing her entire body. Here is my final project:

No comments:

Post a Comment